Adult Substance Abuse and Addiction Services (Education, Treatment & Aftercare)
We Are A Place to Turn
Southside Behavioral Lifestyle Enrichment Center (SBLEC) is here to serve all men and women, aged 18 and older, who seek to overcome the use of any type of drug or alcohol. We welcome all of those who desire to live in a drug-free lifestyle. No matter what walk of life a client is from, we believe his journey to recovery can start here.
SBLEC is based on the belief that recovery from any type of drug abuse and addiction is possible through the use of a well-integrated combination of therapies and services. We believe addiction is a chronic, progressive, primary illness affecting the physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of the individual and family. Therefore, we treat drug abuse and addiction in a holistic and individual manner, managing it through education, therapy, structure and support.
Phases of Treatment
We endeavor to match client needs to treatment, wherein the intensity of medical, counseling and rehabilitative services provided varies depending upon the client’s length of sobriety, skills acquired, and goals met. We offer five phases of treatment: Stabilization, Early Recovery, Active Recovery, Maintenance or Transition, and Aftercare.
- DUI School
- Substance Abuse Education (legal & illegal drugs)
- Family Education
- Community Education & Prevention Activities
- Individual, Group, Family/Couples Counseling & Therapy
- Methadone Maintenance
- Multiple Offender/Risk Reduction Program (DUI evaluation & treatment)
- Psychiatric & Pharmacotherapy Services
- Ambulatory Detoxification
- HIV/AIDS Testing & Counseling
- Stress Management & Coping
Aftercare & Support Services
- Transition & Aftercare Groups
- Alumni Functions
- Client & Family Socials
- On-site Toxicology Screenings
- Medical, Vocational, & Transportation Referrals
- Medical Services
- Case Management & Referrals
Client Populations Served
- Self-referred clients
- Court-mandated/Probation referrals
- DFACS/CPS clients
- DUI & Multiple Offenders
The principle staff of SBLEC are qualified, licensed and/or certified professionals. Members of the treatment team have numerous years of addiction experience. We are a State Licensed Level I outpatient program, and are accredited by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Hospital Organizations (JCAHO), the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitative Facilities (CARF) and the National Opioid Clinicians Association (NOCA).
The Southside Tradition
SBLEC adheres to the National Institute of Drug Abuse’s (NIDA) principles of effective treatment:
- Individualized treatment
- Effective treatment attends to the multiple needs of the individual, not just his/her drug use
- Provides psychotropic medications as appropriate, to work in combination with counseling and other behavioral therapies
- Individuals with coexisting mental disorders are treated in an integrated way
- Regular monitoring of sobriety
- Provides assessment and counseling for Hepatitis B and C, & other infectious diseases
- Our program allows for multiple episodes of treatment since recovery can often be a long-term and nonlinear process.
This is what some clients have actually said about our program:
“It’s like a home. People here really care about you like you were family.”
“You all see me as a person – not an addict and I am thankful for that.”
“At first I didn’t want to be here. But I found out later at this is exactly where God knew I needed to be. My case is closed, and now I am the responsible mother I know I could be.”
Our highly trained staff is able to diagnose and treat a broad range of health conditions.