Who’s On Your Team?
The team includes the patient, the Provider and the set of medical team members you see when you attend your appointments – receptionist, Nurse or Medical Assistant.The team includes medical members from the larger parts of SMC – Referral Coordinators, Pharmacists, Patient Navigators, Counselors, Nutitionists, and Specialty Providers (i.e. cardiologist, podiatrist, optometrist). These provide you more support toward achieving the best health outcomes.
Benefits of Team Based Care?
The medical home includes these five elements:
- Focuses on the whole person – body, mind, and life style routines
- Focuses on each patient’s unique needs, culture, values, and choices
- Patients may choose their desired primary care provider and may change at any time
- Our staff are accountable for meeting the majority of each patient’s physical and mental health care needs, especially acute and chronic needs
- We coordinate broader resources across the health care system for and with specialty care, hospitals, home health care, and community services and supports
More Benefits of Team Based Care
Superb access to care:
- 24 hour access to our scheduling services at: 404-688-1350
- Service Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- New ! Patient Portal – provide your Medical Assistant your email address to access your requested medical information – www.NextMD.com
- Electronic message response
- Improved call-back approach
- Same day , next available urgent appointment scheduling
Systems approach to quality and safety:
- Closer attention to medical needs and better health with electronic records
- Chronic care tracking to help you reach the best outcomes