GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Responsible for monitoring compliance of records the Georgia Department of Community Health (DCH) and the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities’ (DBHDD) policies and guidelines. This position is directly responsible to the Program Director of Southside Behavioral Lifestyle Enrichment Center and the Quality Assurance Manager. Makes immediate administrative decisions for the staff using knowledge of standard policy and procedures outlined by the health center and other regulatory agencies; requires a high degree of independent judgment. Plans and coordinates daily activities of assigned staff members; has the responsibility to problem solve situations as they arise.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF POSITION DUTIES:
- Works with the Clinical, Medical and Program Directors to ensure compliance of records with the Georgia Department of Community Health (DCH) and the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities’ (DBHDD) policies and guidelines.
- Coordinates and conducts internal audits on Methadone, Drug Abuse Treatment & Education Program (DATEP), and Mental Health charts/records for active, inactive and discharges charts.
- Ensures completion of Level 1 Audit on 100% of active records annually.
- Serves as a member of the Advisory Team.
- Takes part in the completion of Treatment Planning submission processes.
- Interacts with data entry persons for the timely and accurate submission of Care Connection data.
- Works directly with the leader of each component of the SBLEC department to ensure compliance of all program activities with State and Federal guidelines.
- Publish an annual review of Quality Assurance (QA) activities for the Methadone, DATEP, and Mental Health components of SBLEC.
- Conduct biannual client and staff satisfaction surveys with statistical report.
- Provide immediate constructive feedback, both verbal and written, top staff members in violation and/or neglect of rules and regulations.
- Submit compliance data and corrective e actions to appropriate supervisors and managers for recurrent non-compliance, follow-up and disciplinary action.
- Assist in orientation of new staff.
- Ensure follow-through for all client complaints/grievances and serve on the Advisory Team.
- Report outcome data regularly to the Program Director.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director for behavioral health.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public.
- Knowledge of standard/modern principles and techniques for clinical documentation.
- Computer literate.
- Capable of interpreting and applying Federal and State Policies and Guidelines.
- Knowledge and use of the current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM IV-TR)
Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field with demonstrated experience in quality assurance. Requires knowledge and ability to create and manage spreadsheets and tracking systems.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Frequent standing or walking for extended periods of time. Frequently lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity, and the ability to read and note appropriate measurements. Requires typing ability of 30 wpm. Requires ability to work in stressful situations or work irregular hours.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
There may be frequent exposure to communicable disease, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medical preparations and other conditions common to a medial center environment.