GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE DUTIES:
Reports directly to the Accounting Manager. Processes vendor and contractor payments. Verifies correctness of invoices and coordinates the accounting for all accounts payable.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF POSITION DUTIES:
- Receives invoices and statements from vendors, contracts and other payees.
- Verifies accuracy of statements and initiates check requests.
- Coordinates proper payments for goods and services received.
- Prepares checks.
- Issues W-9s when applicable and prepares 1099s.
- Maintains vendor ledgers.
- Analyzes A/P aging on a regular basis.
- Performs other related duties as may be required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Intermediate accounting skills.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of purchasing.
- Strong organizational skills.
Degree in Accounting preferred, plus three (3) years’ experience in accounts payable. Solid knowledge of purchasing and cost accounting; Excel spreadsheet and general ledger experience. Bilingual a plus.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. No or very limited physical effort required. No or very limited exposure to physical risk. Manual dexterity for use of computer keyboard. Occasional evening or weekend work.