JOB TITLE: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Reports to the Chief Medical Officer.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office.
- Answers phone calls, schedules meetings and supports visitors.
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects and expediting work results.
- Makes travel arrangements for senior staff such as booking flights, cars, and hotel or restaurant reservations.
- (Maintains confidentiality of CMO’s Office)
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Supports team by performing tasks related to organization and strong communication.
- Develops administrative staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain spreadsheet of current Providers with satellite location, cellphone numbers and email addresses
- Communicate with Providers by SMC email
- Provider Payroll – coordinate with Finance Department
- Provider monthly schedules and timely distribution (by 1st of each prior month, e.g. by April 1, for May 2020)
-Monthly clinic schedules
- Coordinate Providers PTO and CME requests
- Incident reports of patient complaints
- Prepare monthly Agenda for Providers Meeting
- Prepare Sign-in sheets for Providers Meetings, OB/GYN Meetings
- Prepare Sign-up sheets for Health Fairs
- Prepare check requests for CME’s and telephone stipends
- Coordinate interviews for Provider recruitment (collaborate with HR)
- Request NPDP reports from Credentialing Coordinator
- Prepare Employment Contracts for new Providers
- Prepare On-Boarding schedule for newly hired Providers
- Order lab coats and business cards for newly hired Providers
- Coordinate preparation of new office area with Housekeeping and Director of Satellites
- Provide Clinical Privileges Request form to newly hired Providers
- Ensure submission of Nurse Protocol Agreement by Mid-Level Providers at point of hire
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance Manager to receive and file Peer Review reports
- Submit completed Clinical Privileges form to Credentialing Coordinator
Prescription Assistance Program
- Prepare and process applications for patients requiring prescription assistance
- Receive and distribute medications to patients approved for prescription assistance
- Maintain spreadsheet for prescription assistance program
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Reporting Skills
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Managing Processes
- Analyzing Information
- Problem Solving
- Supply Management
- Inventory Control
- Verbal Communication
High school diploma or equivalent education required and 3 years of administrative assistant experience. Knowledge of Microsoft Suites. Must have a valid driver’s license & current auto insurance.