GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Reports to the Director of Nursing. Assists Dentist in the delivery of Dental Services. Performs clerical duties relative to patient appointment records. Provides chair side assistance in the examination and treatment of dental patients.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF POSITION DUTIES:
- Directly responsible to the Dentist(s).
- Responsible for assisting the Dentist at chair side.
- Schedules the dental patients and in the Dentist’s absence, reschedules dental appointments, as necessary. Make notations in EDR’s contact processor.
- Orders dental supplies and drugs as needed; keep necessary dental supplies in stock on team.
- Helps to maintain the dental operatories in an efficient and clean state.
- Maintains Electronic Digital Record (EDR) of the procedures performed by Dentist in patients’ record. Making sure all information is entered into the EDR before patient is dismissed.
- Diagnosis and recommended treatment
- Patient’s medicine record and medical allergies (make sure the allergy icon is marked active)
- Signatures for all parties involved on medical histories and informed consents
- All drugs prescribed to the patient
- Patient’s next visit information
- Any doctor’s note information
- Pays close attention to patients after proper seating.
- Must notify Dentist whenever leaving clinic and chair side.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to assist Dentists with all procedures.
- Ability to take and develop x-rays.
- Ability to take and monitor vital signs.
- Ability to communicate tactfully with patients and fellow employees.
- Ability to perform all office procedures.
- Must have cheerful, friendly, and professional demeanor at all times.
- Has the ability to help train students that are taking courses in Dental Assisting when assigned to clinic.
- Must have the basic computer skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to perform dental assisting skills as determined by Lead Dentist.
Graduate of an accredited Dental Assistant Program. Six months to one-year experience as a Dental Assistant in a public or private setting preferred.
Click Here to Apply