GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
Reports directly to the Director of Central Services for the completion of all duties that connect with safety and distribution of all material, supplies, equipment for the Center and its satellite facilities. Oversees the housekeeping for the main facility and all satellites.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF POSITION DUTIES:
- Conducts inspections to check for compliance with fire codes and regulations.
- As advised by Director of C.S. receives and process purchase requisitions, determines best supply source to meet requirements and price. Places orders, completes necessary paper work to consummate transactions. Follow up with vendors to expedite special or emergency orders based on organizational need.
- Under the direction of the Director secures quotations on orders involving large expenditures and secures appropriate approval before making commitment.
- Assist in storage control and issuance of material and maintains necessary inventory control records, procedures, central supply distribution procedures, as required.
- Assist in housekeeping ensuring that all areas of the center buildings and grounds are cleaned.
- Familiar with equipment and supplies needed for the completion of tasks.
- Familiar with cleaning procedures and safety measures in operating equipment.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and vendors.
- Mathematical knowledge and skills.
- Current on OSHA laws/regulations.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize required tools.
- Bachelor degree preferred with at least 1-2 years experience of supervisory, purchasing and inventory control experience.