GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Responsible to the Lead Dentist. Must perform all duties according to their direction and those of other dentists. Must perform treatment consistent with the standard of care for Hygienists. Must be a provider of dental treatment, conduct training sessions to individuals and groups in good oral health and hygiene. Must be able to train hygiene students in a training site. Must be able to help monitor and train staff to ensure proper OSHA guidelines.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF POSITION DUTIES:
- Responsible for direct patient care as authorized by the Lead Dentist.
- Directly responsible to the Lead Dentist for their schedule of activities.
- Responsible for documenting severity of periodontal disease after reviewing x-rays, spot periodontal probing, and consultation with examining dentist.
- Maintains Electronic Digital Record (EDR) of the procedures performed by Dental Hygienist in patients’ record. Making sure all information is entered into the EDR before patient is dismissed.
- Diagnosis and recommended treatment
- Patient’s medicine record and medical allergies (make sure the allergy icon is marked active)
- Signatures for all parties involved on medical histories and informed consents
- Patient oral hygiene level and progress or lack thereof,
- All drugs prescribed to the patient,
- Patient’s acceptance or refusal for periodontal treatments,
- Patient’s next visit information
- Responsible for performing a comprehensive oral prophylaxis on patients.
- Gives home care instructions along with oral prophylaxis.
- Maintains all dental equipment and instruments for maximum economical use.
- Establishes and maintains an oral health preventive program.
- Provides individual and group educational activities to support an effective preventive program.
- Creates and maintains a recall system that will ensure continued good oral health.
Licensed to practice dental hygiene in the State of Georgia. High school graduate or equivalency. One year of actual experience helpful.
Job Type: Full-time