GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Responsible to the Lead Dentist. Responsible for quality and quantity of Dental Services delivered directly to patients and in the absence of Lead Dentist performs administrative duties as delegated by Lead Dentist.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF POSITION DUTIES:
- Provides direct patient care. This includes examinations, interpreting dental x-rays, fillings and extractions.
- Confers regularly with the Lead Dentist in an effort to plan, evaluate and implement dental care and Standards of Practice.
- Responsible for the supervision of the Assistants in the scheduling of patients and collection of fees.
- Participates in quality assurance committees as designed. Assist and helps maintain department’s Standard of Practice. This includes (QARs) quality assurance reviews of patient EDR, therapeutics, and peer reviews if necessary.
- Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of each patient’s EDR. This includes reviewing EDR after assistant data entry for accuracy and completeness.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to assist Dentists with all procedures.
- Ability to take and develop x-rays.
- Ability to take and monitor vital signs.
- Ability to communicate tactfully with patients and fellow employees.
- Ability to perform all office procedures.
- Must have cheerful, friendly, and professional demeanor at all times.
- Has the ability to help train students that are taking courses in Dental Assisting when assigned to clinic.
- Must have the basic computer skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to perform dental assisting skills as determined by Lead Dentist.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to supervise and direct personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Sensitive to the needs of patients.
Professional Degree in Dental Medicine (DDS and DMD). Licensed to practice in the State of Georgia.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Frequently required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Occasionally lifts and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally expose to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.