Southside Medical Center, Inc. was founded in 1967 as the Atlanta Southside Comprehensive Health Center. We are a non-profit Medical Center that provides primary health care and related services to the medically underserved and uninsured. SMC has been nationally recognized by the National Association of Community Health Centers for having one of the best primary health care delivery systems for the medically underserved in the country.
SMC has 11 locations across the state of Georgia. Our main Center is located near the Georgia State Football Stadium in Fulton County. We also have two other locations in Fulton County; one at Dobbs Elementary School and the other in East Point. We have two locations in Dekalb County on Gresham Road and in Decatur, and three locations in Clayton County in Lovejoy, Riverdale and Forest Park. One location in Gwinnett County in Norcross, and a location in both Spalding and Butts Counties.
Southside Medical Center, Inc. is a leader in organizing, providing and supporting affordable health care and related services to the public through diversified business activities. Our mission is that we are committed to providing exceptional primary health care and related services to the medically underserved of Metropolitan Atlanta.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF POSITION DUTIES:
- Manage recruitment life-cycle process, including, but not limited to; posting, screening, on-boarding new candidates and conducting new hire orientation.
- Assist with developing systems, processes, and procedures to improve upon the overall operation effectiveness and efficiency of the HR Department.
- Review the accurate and timely preparation, input, analysis and processing of payroll data.
- Prepare weekly and semi-monthly, quarterly and year-end reports as needed including payroll registers and HR reports.
- Management of day-today paperwork associated with employee’s payroll and benefits.
- Responds to inquiries from staff and managers regarding established Human Resources policies, procedures, and practices.
- Prepares applicable paperwork and ensures HR has representation in disciplinary meetings.
- Maintain and organize department records, ensuring complete accuracy and confidentiality.
- Ensure compliance of all documents and administering record retention and purging of personnel files.
- Conduct regular in house audits to ensure accuracy of employee data.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to work independently to perform work assignments and make sound business decisions.
- Knowledge of recruitment, employee and labor relations, and payroll.
- Experience working within Union environments
- Proven ability to handle confidential information and sensitive issues in a professional manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Organizational skills a must.
- Ability to build and maintain very effective relationships.
A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related experience and three years of human resources experience in a support role.
Job Type: Full-time