GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Reports directly to the Chief Medical Officer. Responsible for the operational budget for the program and its implementation as well as generating additional revenues as applicable to the program management. The Director supervises the various program components for the Substance Abuse Treatment Program; ensures that all staff members comply with the various duties assigned. When necessary, will facilitate clinical and staff meetings, will ensure that the program follows state and agency guidelines; will hire and/or terminate employees as necessary; will develop training programs for staff; will consistently keep the Chief Medical Officer informed of important information regarding clients, programmatic difficulties and staff involvement. Will anticipate relevant information needed by outside agencies as it relates to issues or decisions about programmatic needs. Other duties as assigned.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides orientation for new staff members to the facility, activities, and rules and procedures of the program.
- Insures that relationships with staff will be cooperative and foster a minimum of disruption; maintains a positive attitude with all staff members, both medical and psychiatric.
- Coordinates program activities with all program components and agencies related to the success of the program.
- Supervises substance abuse counselors and medical staff to include pharmacist, RN, LPNs, and support personnel.
- Facilitates staffing, intake and discharge meetings as a training exercise or as necessary.
- Pinpoints specific strengths and weaknesses of staff members and develops corrective action plans, when appropriate.
- Assumes responsibility for comprehensive follow-up to personnel actions.
- Demonstrates management and behavioral techniques to those staff members identifies as appropriate.
- Encourages consistency and structure within the various programs within the substance abuse field.
- Provides constructive feedback, both verbal and written, to staff members.
- Demonstrates ability to relate to other people in a professional and courteous manner.
- Effectively organized and disseminates information in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates good work habits and use of time needed in order to give attention to details and accuracy within the milieu of the work responsibilities assigned.
- Knowledgeable of the appropriate terminology within the field of substance abuse.
- Supervises, as assigned, the various components of the substance abuse programs.
- Ensures that the staff fulfills duties as assigned with the main goal being to promote the welfare and independence of all clients within the program.
- Responsible for the operational budget for the program and its implementation as well as generating additional revenues as applicable to the program management.
- Promote among all staff, best practice for improvement and well being of all clients.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be able to work under adverse conditions, conduct meetings, maintain open communication with staff, and have a minimum of five years experience in management of persons in the field of substance abuse, and/or related field. Must be able to meet the needs of a diversified clientele and staff. Must e knowledgeable about the DSM_IV and its usage. Must be ale to develop and implement training seminars. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of operational budgets and the ability to implement them as it relates to the success of the program.
A Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or closely related field. Must be computer literate; able to effectively identify and hire staff appropriate to positions available; must have a minimum of five years experience or training in the area of substance abuse.
Click Here to Apply