GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Reports directly to the Director of Information Technology to transport patients to and from the Health Center. Maintains vehicle in clean and orderly condition and makes minor repairs and adjustments when required. Performs other duties as directed.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF POSITION DUTIES:
- Transports patients with center vehicle to and from the Center and to other agencies as required by referring Center provider.
- Assists in seating patient in the vehicle.
- Exercises extreme care in moving patient to prevent injury or aggravation of injuries.
- Uses extreme caution while driving center vehicles and complies with all safety and traffic regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining vehicle in proper working condition (i.e. checking gas, air pressure, and oil levels, etc.)
- Prepares necessary logs and reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to use mature judgment in performance of all assigned duties.
- Ability to read and use basic mathematics in totaling mileage and other data.
- Able to relate to patients in friendly and courteous manner.
Must be at least twenty-five (25) years of age or old. Must have current Georgia Driver License, good driving record, and familiar with metro-Atlanta area. High school diploma or equivalent. Flexible to work uneven hours, days. Comfortable in a variety of public meetings, including public forums, neighborhood and religious facilities. Above average enthusiasm for community based work. A history of successful community involvement and activities either paid or volunteered. Extensive local travel in the target area required. Access to transportation preferred with valid Georgia Driver’s License.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Requires prolonged sitting, standing, some bending, stooping and stretching. Ability to lift and move loads up to 40 pounds. Requires high degree of attention and considerable dexterity in the control of vehicle. Contact with the public.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Exposure to varied weather conditions.