Geriatrician Job Description
Southside Medical Center (SMC), located in downtown Atlanta, Georgia is searching for a Geriatrician to achieve prime functioning health for our elderly patients. Southside Medical Center is a leader in organizing, providing and supporting affordable health care and related services to the public through diversified business activities. Southside Medical Center was founded in 1967 originally as the Atlanta Southside Comprehensive Health Center. SMC has been nationally recognized by the National Association of Community Health Centers for having one of the best primary health care delivery systems for the medically underserved in the country.
The Geriatrician will specialize in dealing with illness and other complications due to the aging process in the elderly, ensuring proper care, disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. The Geriatrician will treat disorders that arise due to aging such as Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease. The Geriatrician will request necessary tests, follow-up visits and refers patients to specialists, as necessary. The Geriatrician will elucidate wellbeing-related issues and then propose viable, resource-effective treatment plans. The Geriatrician should also fit assistive implements to promote autonomy.
The Geriatrician should be able to execute fully-informed treatment plans and thrive on the realization of wellness goals.
- Providing robust, well-informed preventative treatment.
- Diagnosing innocuous and harmful physiological anomalies.
- Proposing resource-specific treatment regimens.
- Pinpointing assistive gadgets that alleviate pressing health-related symptoms.
- Fitting or instructing on the positioning of assistive technologies.
- Gauging the applicability of prescribed treatments.
- Reconfiguring ineffective regimens with urgency.
- Issuing pertinent referral documents when needed.
- Document appropriate coding (i.e. ICD-10, CPT, HCC) for billing purposes, and updating patients charts.
- Formally recognized qualification in Geriatric Medicine.
- Board-certified with demonstrable experience as a Geriatric Physician.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated by the actualization of wellness-related objectives.
- Committed to engendering autonomous living.
- Perceptive, decisive, and emotionally mature.
- Unfaltering adherence to pertinent medical codes.
SMC’s core values include Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Service.
Southside Medical Center is an FTCA deemed facility. SMC receives HHS funding and has Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed status with respect to certain health or health related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals. Southside Medical Center has multiple locations throughout Metro Atlanta.
The Geriatrician will report to the SMC Chief Medical Officer (CMO).