GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Support Services Coordinator, under the general direction of the Director and Manager of Housing, is responsible for the day-to- day operations of the housing program(s), implementation of all related programming, development and administration. Responsible for ensuring the maintenance of existing housing unit(s). Assists with the development of plans to address housing needs of other people with HIV disease in the Metropolitan Atlanta area and other programs as needed.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF POSITION DUTIES:
- Administers, and oversees day-to-day operations of housing program. Ensures that residents housing needs are identified and met efficiently and consistently, while coordinating services with resident’s assigned case manager.
- Assists in ensuring that the administration of Southside’s Housing program meets all legal requirements. Maintains appropriate records, progress reports, demographics and statistics. Produce reports as needed for the department and to all grantees as needed.
- Coordinates screening and placement of eligible clients in Southside’s Housing Programs. Provides supportive services and assists with client’s social services needs.
- Maintains occupancy status. Serves as liaison between management and tenants.
- Supervises the orientation of new residents. Ensures that new residents and visitors are oriented to all Southside’s housing policies, house rules and daily schedules. Ensures that all visitors understand and agree to adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Is available to residents as situations may arise to discuss problems relative to the residential program recognizing chain of command.
- Responds according to established Southside’s procedures to any type of emergency or unusual situation and contacts appropriate personnel or designated officials for backup. Ensures that all emergency number are listed and readily available to staff at all times.
- Supports the Director and Manager with administrative duties as needed.
- Monitors upkeep of property.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate with the public, staff and clients effectively.
- Ability to multi task and problem-solve.
- Ability to meet all deadlines.
- Ability to plan, organize and collect data.
- Knowledge of HIV infection, psychiatric diagnosis, treatment, medications, etc.
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers.
- Strong computer skills.
College degree preferred in Psychology, Sociology, or related field. A minimum of three years experience working in Social Service area preferred. Housing experience a plus; or the equivalent training and experience.