GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Responsible to the Chief Executive Officer. Performs complex duties in developing and supervising the management of housing.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF POSITION DUTIES:
- Secures resources for the development of housing, including financial.
- Serves as Housing Director for each housing development, i.e., Legacy House and Legacy Village.
- Supervises the management of each community living residence.
- Develops Policies and Procedures (rules and regulations) for the Housing program.
- Ensures that the property is habitable and kept in good condition at all times.
- Maintains a good working relationship with MH/SA service providers.
- Serves as liaison between the community living residence and the community at large.
- Ensures that the residents actively participate in programs to meet their health and social service needs.
- Evaluates the job performance of other employees and recommends merits increments.
- Attends meetings and conferences outside the Center to enhance professional growth and development.
- Oversees property security and maintenance, ensuring that program rules are followed and collection of rent.
- Evaluates the needs of each resident and works with the residents’ Case Manager to make the necessary arrangements for supportive services.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written).
- Ability to plan and organize an office.
- Skilled in counseling, problem-solving and follow-up.
- Ability to network with other agencies.
- Skilled in development of housing.
- Knowledge of HIV infection, psychiatric, diagnoses, treatment, medications, etc.
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers.
- General knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to supervise other staff members.
Graduate of an accredited school or university with a degree in behavioral science or urban life. One year of experience in acquisition and development of housing.