Reports to the Director of Central Services. Service and cleans all areas of Southside Medical Center’s buildings and grounds. Performs related tasks such as relocation of departments etc.
Description of Responsibilities
- Responsible for the cleanliness inside of the building.
- Be familiar with equipment and supplies needed for the completion of tasks assigned.
- Must be familiar with cleaning procedures and safety measures in operating equipment.
- Other duties include but are not limited to: sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, washing windows, emptying waste baskets, cleaning restrooms, mopping, etc
- Maintains a clean workstation.
- Reports all malfunctioning furniture, fixtures or equipment to the supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to utilize tools, etc.
- Ability to make minor repairs and as necessary.
- Ability to follow directives/instructions.
Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D with six (6) months to one (1) year of experience or equivalent. Bilingual a plus.
Typical Physcial Demands
Prolonged walking or standing, repeated stooping, squatting, stretching, climbing or ladders. Requires eye-hand coordination in utilization of equipment and tools. Frequent lifting and carrying materials up to 50 pounds. Fine manual dexterity necessary to repair or replace fine components. Ability to work under pressure, keeping irregular hours. Requires to communicable disease.
Typical Working Conditions
On-site work area environment. Some exposure to mechanical and electrical hazards. Occasional evening or weekend work. Works in conditions of heat, cold, wetness, dust, rain and snow.