Reports directly to the Director of Human Resources. Types routine correspondence to applicants and assists with daily routine typing. Assembles information/material for required reports and training. Answers telephone and sets up appointments. Prepares verifications and assists with mail, as needed.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF POSITION DUTIES:
- Prepares job announcements for internet, newspapers, magazine and interoffice postings
- Screens applications for qualified applicants.
- Schedules appointments for interviews.
- Maintains files of current applicants and prepares responses for applicants not selected.
- Ensures that background checks, and when necessary, drug screens, are conducted.
- Maintains departmental files/records.
- Process time sheets for submission to payroll.
- Prepares paperwork for verification of new employees.
- Types job descriptions and maintains job description manuals.
- Responsible for dispatch of three-monthly and annual evaluations.
- Assists with audits.
- Prepares reports, as requested.
- Order supplies for the department.
- Responsible for acknowledgement of employees’ birthdays.
- Assists with outgoing mail and sorting all incoming mail for the corporate office and satellites.
- Assists with handling complaints as needed.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of computer applications and human relations are essential.
- Familiar with policy and procedures of corporation.
- Must hold high degree of standard for confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and the public.
- Must exhibit professional conduct at all times.
- Ability to follow written instructions.
- Ability to use mature judgment in the performance of duties.
- Must be flexible and dependable.
- Ability to prioritize work in meeting deadlines.
Degree preferred. Human Resources experience or a combination of training and experience. Must have good personal qualities, basic knowledge of computer applications and human relations skills are essential. Bilingual a plus.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires prolonged sitting, frequent standing, bending, stooping and occasional lifting up to 30-50 pounds. Requires normal range of hearing and manual dexterity sufficient to operate keyboard, telephone, photocopier, calculator and other office equipment as needed. Requires ability to work irregular hours.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff, patients and the public. Work under pressure at times in meeting deadlines.