GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Reports directly to the Director of Human Resources. Plays an active role in carrying out the day to day operations of the Human Resources Department to ensure consistent, high level delivery of HR services to all staff. This position will have accountability for payroll processing as well as employee relations matters and full-cycle recruitment.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF POSITION DUTIES:
- Manage recruitment life-cycle process, including, but not limited to; posting, screening, on-boarding new candidates and conducting new hire orientation.
- Assist with developing systems, processes, and procedures to improve upon the overall operation effectiveness and efficiency of the HR Department.
- Review the accurate and timely preparation, input, analysis and processing of payroll data.
- Prepare weekly and semi-monthly, quarterly and year-end reports as needed including payroll registers and HR reports.
- Management of day-today paperwork associated with employee’s payroll and benefits.
- Responds to inquiries from staff and managers regarding established Human Resources policies, procedures, and practices.
- Prepares applicable paperwork and ensures HR has representation in disciplinary meetings.
- Maintain and organize department records, ensuring complete accuracy and confidentiality.
- Ensure compliance of all documents and administering record retention and purging of personnel files.
- Conduct regular in house audits to ensure accuracy of employee data.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to work independently to perform work assignments and make sound business decisions.
- Knowledge of recruitment, employee and labor relations, and payroll.
- Experience working within Union environments.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information and sensitive issues in a professional manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Organizational skills a must.
- Ability to build and maintain very effective relationships.
A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or a related field and three years of human resources experience in a support role as a generalist.