GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Reports to the Director of Information Technology or designee. Provides skilled hardware, networking, OS and application support to end users. Performs maintenance, installations, upgrades and other technical duties associated with the supports of IT applications, workstations and servers.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
- Responds to end user requests for technical support.
- Troubleshoots and resolves hardware/software issues related to IT users and services.
- Performs new systems builds, configurations and maintenance.
- As part of the IT team, monitors and responds as needed on a 24/7/365 basis.
- Participates in new system design and deployment projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Two-five years demonstrated progressive technical experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Server environments.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
- Basic networking experience including TCPIP, LAN, WAN, VPN, and DHCP.
- Experience with various backup and anti-virus applications.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills/abilities in IT environments.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Strong technical troubleshooting ability.
Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Detail oriented with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills. Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Requires sitting for long periods of time, working under deadlines for hours. Requires some bending, reaching and stretching and occasional lifting of 30-50 pounds. Requires ability to work at a computer screen for long periods of time and requires very good manual dexterity to operate a keyboard.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in an office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work.