GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Reports directly to Chief Financial Officer. Enrolls self-pay eligible patients into Medicaid Peach Care for Kids, F22 Children, Age, Blind and Disabled (ABD), Low Income Medicaid (LIM), CHIP, Presumptive and Emergency Medicaid. Coordinates Medicaid enrollment applications with front-desk staff from all locations and departments. Responsible to mail out self-pay statements on a weekly basis.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF POSITION DUTIES
- Develops and maintains Medicaid enrollment policies.
- Identifies Medicaid eligible patients from the EHR system and assists them completing the Medicaid enrollment applications.
- Acts as liaison for hospitals affiliated with SMC to enroll all Medicaid type eligible patients.
- Maintains a monthly log of potential Medicaid enrollees by location and department.
- Maintains a monthly log of new Medicaid enrollees by Medicaid type by location and by department.
- Maintains a monthly log of self-pay statements mailed out.
- Coordinates with the Department of Community Health Enrollment Department potential enrollee’s application.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong organizational skills; has ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Must carry out all functions in accordance with pre-established procedures and meet deadlines established for the department.
- Good attention to details and work independently.
BS in Business preferred. Three years of experience successfully enrolling patients in the different Medicaid programs. Bilingual a plus.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Requires sitting for long periods of time. Working in office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Requires ability to work under stressful conditions. Manual dexterity required for use of office equipment. Traveling to satellites.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Normal office environment. May require working some evenings or weekends.