GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Reports to the Informatics Analyst. Coordinates with patients, tracks and assures coding and linkage to appropriate care. This position assures compliance through documentation and connected communication with patients and shared care providers. The aim is to identify and close care management gaps. This effort supports timely treatment and correctly coded service with patient awareness about treatment options and preventive behaviors for breast health. The focus is to assure completion of clinical quality measures specific to patients’ targeted diagnoses, specifically breast health.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives lists of identified patients with breast referral and follow-up orders.
- Considers “social determinants of health” which may be impeding order completion. This includes contacting and reminding patients to schedule, communicate, and arrive at scheduled appointments on time and prepared.
- Facilitates additional breast health linkage to care and documented communication with other providers to link patients to the appropriate recommended services.
- Shared Provider recommended information with patients regarding breast health and resources.
- Helps arrange patient transportation as needed.
- Participates in ongoing training to maintain patient support proficiency.
- Identifies and develops relationships with personnel in departments involved in care of patients.
- Identifies, develops, and maintains relationships with breast health referral support breast health referrals.
- Builds relationships with other patient navigators.
- Tracks interventions and outcomes.
- Obtains monthly Breast Health quality and productivity reports from informatics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BREAST HEALTH TRACKING EXPECTATIONS:
- Receive and monitor Breast Health referral list (daily)
- Communicate with patients before and after scheduled breast health visits
- Note scheduled dates in the Referral template
- Track for compliance – retrieve/receive and code completed referral documents
- Scan retrieved documents to NextGen Referral Template
NOTE: The Breast Health Documentation Tracking Protocol is attached.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Is sensitive to needs and concerns of patients.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to take directions and give directions to others.
- Has ability to use mature judgment in daily decision making.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in developmental related disciplines such as public health, public administration, and other social sciences. Substantial knowledge of patient self-management and compliance issues. Bilingual a plus.
Click Here to Apply