Ready to provide extraordinary customer service?
Come and join the best Doctors with the best outcomes!
Join our team and experience a fulfilling career at a leading Metro-Atlanta Health Care Organization.
Southside Medical Center, Inc. was founded in 1967 as the Atlanta Southside Comprehensive Health Center. We are a non-profit Medical Center that provides primary health care and related services to the medically underserved and uninsured. SMC has been nationally recognized by the National Association of Community Health Centers for having one of the best primary health care delivery systems for the medically underserved in the country.
SMC has 11 locations across the state of Georgia. Our main Center is located near the Georgia State Football Stadium in Fulton County. We also have two other locations in Fulton County; one at Dobbs Elementary School and the other in East Point. We have two locations in Dekalb County on Gresham Road and in Decatur, and three locations in Clayton County in Lovejoy, Riverdale and Forest Park. One location in Gwinnett County in Norcross, and a location in both Spalding and Butts Counties.
Southside Medical Center, Inc. is a leader in organizing, providing and supporting affordable health care and related services to the public through diversified business activities. Our mission is that we are committed to providing exceptional primary health care and related services to the medically underserved of Metropolitan Atlanta.
DETAILED DESCIPTION OF POSITION:
- Develops educational plan that takes into consideration individualized nutrition status, educational level, readiness to learn and barriers.
- Assists with planning and oversight of education intervention.
- Serves as a member of the DSME instructional team; co-facilitator of DSME educational classes.
- Reviews samples of the instructional material on an annual basis to ensure they support the DSME program curriculum.
- Determines and implements appropriate nutrition prescription and/or food plan.
- Communicates with practitioners and makes recommendations for outcomes of MNT and self-management education.
- Provides education and counseling on an individual basis or in a group setting.
- Assists with data collection to determine the clinical and behavioral outcomes of the DSME program.
- Adheres to HIPPA guidelines regarding confidentiality of medical information.
- Serves as a member of the Diabetes Collaborative Workgroup Advisory Committee.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Investigates problems, irregularities and policy violations and takes corrective action and follow-up when necessary.
M.S. Degree in Nutrition/Dietetics or in Home Economics with a Nutrition/Dietetic emphasis. Internship following completion of degree. Current Registered Dietitian (RD), licensed in the State of Georgia. Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE), preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $5.00 per hour
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications