GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Responsible to the Lead Provider; performs professional health services, such as examining and treating expectant mothers and aids in diagnoses, management and care of gynecological diseases within a comprehensive health center setting.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF POSITION DUTIES:
- Examines and aids in the determination of pregnancies; serves as a consultant in pre-natal care; aids in the diagnoses and management of gynecological diseases; plays active role in family planning; consults with team physician and medical specialists in conferences involving specific cases.
- Monitors the quality and quantity of patient care by the R.N.P. in collaboration with the Chief of Nursing.
- Guides the nurse practitioner in the management of normal antepartal patients.
- Performs related work as required and other duties as assigned by the Lead Provider.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to diagnose.
- Ability to examine and treat expectant mothers.
- Ability to communicate.
- Ability to be sensitive.
- Ability to provide follow-up and referrals.