GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Responsible to the Chief Medical Officer. Performs health services in the area of Optometry, i.e., examines, diagnoses, and manages patients with various visual disorders in a comprehensive neighborhood health center setting.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF POSITION DUTIES:
- Conducts history specifically in those areas related to the ocular and visual comfort of the patients.
- Conducts complete visual examination and analysis of those patients upon referral from the team physician.
- Works with professionals and new professionals, including nurses, social workers, clinic and community health assistance, as part of a team approach to meet the inter-related needs of families and individuals under care.
- Performs related duties as required and other duties as assigned by the Health Services Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of diagnosis and clients treatment plans.
- Ability to perform all tests relative to optometry procedures.
- Ability to communicate with patients and staff.
- Knowledge of other services offered for referral purposes.
Graduate from an accredited school of Optometric Science; plus one (1) year of experience in direct patient care. Must hold current Georgia license.