GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE DUTIES:
Will be the eyes and ears for our team with constant interaction with patients regarding long wait times, and providing ways and information for them to have the best experience at our center.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF POSITION DUTIES:
- Monitor patient appointment wait times.
- Communicates with our patients in a helpful manner; provides directions/instructions as needed.
- Suggest telemedicine to patients waiting to see a provider for longer than thirty minutes.
- Be an active listener who can show empathy, understanding and patience in a non-scripted environment.
- Offer water and snacks to patients who have been waiting for at least thirty (30) minutes to be seen. of time.
- Compassionately handle sensitive situations surrounding the patients’ healthcare needs.
- Work in a fast paced, high volume, changing environment.
- Ability to work independently in the resolution of complaints and other patient service related issues.
- Displays professionalism, good judgement, maturity and fairness when interacting with patients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates the ability to listen skillfully.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Takes the initiative and has the ability to work independently.
- Must be upbeat, articulate and personable.
- Motivated to be a consistent performer.
- Ability to use mature judgment in the performance of duties.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Must have at least one (1) year of customer service experience.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
No or very limited physical effort required. No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.