BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Employee reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager. The Primary duty of the Patient Care coordinator will be to connect patients with medical resources and support systems and to facilitate interaction and communication with healthcare staff and providers. The Patient Care Coordinator may be required to attend Administrative meetings.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
- Educates patients on the importance of a medical home and the difference between Primary Care and care under the PCMH model.
- Provides patients with financial information for the various health centers and outreach organizations.
- Assists Nurse Case Manager in tracking patient visits and health outcomes.
- Streamlines appointments and paperwork.
- May be required to oversee and evaluate the performance of other staff.
- Links clients with appropriate resources and referrals.
- Responsible for preparation of timesheets.
- Maintains personal knowledge base of available resources, both in-house and outside.
- Assists with the preparation of administrative reports.
- Required to provide updates of patient progress to be placed in NextGen EHR.
- Required to update educational material, prevention handouts and assist with distribution of literature for chronic disease states such as Hypertension, Diabetes, Metabolic syndrome etc.
- Assist staff members in completion of HIV screening documentation within the NEXTGEN electronic medical record.
- Assist patients in completing computer based surveys regarding level of understanding of their chronic disease state.
- Other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information to include protected health Information.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and promote teamwork with other staff members.
- Ability to work with clients in a compassionate, non-judgmental manner.
- Ability to work and act independently.
- Knowledge of computers and multiple programs.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
Must have High School Diploma and at least two (2) years experience working in community outreach, community resource development or casework participation. Basic knowledge of computer applications is essential. Carries out independent field work, maintain records, and participate in cooperative efforts with numerous agencies and programs. Bilingual a plus.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires some standing/walking/sitting. Requires travel from one site to another. Use of telephone required.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Eight (8) hour workday. Some contact with patients and staff.
Click Here to Apply