JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse (RN) – Southside Medical Center, Inc.
Come and join the best Healthcare Professionals with the best outcomes!
Join our team and experience a fulfilling career at a leading Metro-Atlanta Health Care Organization.
Southside Medical Center, Inc. was founded in 1967 as the Atlanta Southside Comprehensive Health Center. We are a non-profit Medical Center that provides primary health care and related services to the medically under-served and uninsured. SMC has been nationally recognized by the National Association of Community Health Centers for having one of the best primary health care delivery systems for the medically under-served in the country.
SMC has 11 locations across the state of Georgia. Our main Center is located near the Georgia State Football Stadium in Fulton County. We also have two other locations in Fulton County; one at Dobbs Elementary School and the other in East Point. We have two locations in Dekalb County on Gresham Road and in Decatur, and three locations in Clayton County in Lovejoy, Riverdale and Forest Park. One location in Gwinnett County in Norcross, and a location in both Spalding and Butts Counties.
Southside Medical Center, Inc. is a leader in organizing, providing and supporting affordable health care and related services to the public through diversified business activities. Our mission is that we are committed to providing exceptional primary health care and related services to the medically under-served of Metropolitan Atlanta.
We currently have an opening for a full-time Registered Nurse (RN). You will provide professional care our patients following established standards and practices.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: Assists with, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Performs nursing care care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
- Reviews and maintains patients’ records, charts, and other pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results.
- Observes, records, and reports patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Dispenses medication as directed.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
- Maintains cooperative relationship among healthcare team by communicating information, responding to requests, building rapport, and participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Ensures quality and safe delivery of nursing care.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Supports and enforces infection-control policies and procedures.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive knowledge of all phases of nursing care.
- Has administrative and clinical skills.
- Is sensitive to needs and concerns of patients and nursing health care team.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Has the ability to supervise and train staff.
- Ability to take and give directions.
- Ability to carry out treatment as ordered and document appropriately within the realm of practice.
- Has ability to use mature nursing judgment in daily decision making.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medication.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a B.S. Degree required. Master’s Degree in Nursing or related field preferred. Current Nursing license from the Georgia State Board of Nursing. At least 2-3 years of home health care. Bilingual is a plus.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medical preparations and other conditions common to a home health care environment.
Job Type: Full-time