The Resident Coordinator, under the general direction of the Director of Housing, is responsible for the daily care of the residents living at the facility.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF JOB DUTIES:
- Oversees day to day needs of the residents.
- Prepares daily meals for a minimum of 8 (eight) residents.
- Responsible for various housekeeping duties such as: Laundry, kitchen duties, etc.
- Assist with the orientation of new residents. Ensures the new residents and visitors are oriented with Southside’s housing policies, house rules and daily schedules.
- Is available to residents as situations may arise to discuss problems relative to the residential program recognizing chain of command.
- Monitors upkeep of property, and reports all maintenance issues to management.
- Reports any emergency or unusual situations to management, always contacting the appropriate officials for backup, and ensures all emergency numbers are listed and readily available of staff.
- Serves as liaison between residents and management.
- Other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITES
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to prepare meals.
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to effectively work with co-workers
- Knowledge of HIV infection, psychiatric disorders, treatments, and medications.
High school diploma required. Some college or degree preferred. Experience working in customer service and social work is preferred.