Assist with providing efficient access for patients to a Provider and ensure that each patient experience the highest level of care. Provide support to the Front Desk and CMAs as it relates to navigating patients through Telemedicine.
Description of Duties:
- Main point of contact for clinical staff at all locations to assist with telemedicine needs and additional staffing to cover those needs.
- Serves as the liaison between the Providers and patients.
- Assists with the functionality of Tele-Uber and ensure that there is proper scheduling of Providers and that they are available to see patients via telemedicine.
- Monitors patient waiting areas and NextGen for long waiting times (more than 30 minute wait).
- Ensure that patients who are double booked be placed with an available Provider.
- Assist staff with identifying which patients to offer telemedicine services; if refused offer one of our closest satellite locations to receive faster services.
- Communicates with our staff in a helpful manner; provides directions/instructions as needed with regards to Telemedicine.
- Compassionately handle sensitive situations surrounding the patients’ healthcare needs.
- Work in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Ability to work independently and make quick decisions in a non-scripted environment.
- Displays professionalism and good judgment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Responsibilities:
- Takes the initiative and has the ability to work independently.
- Motivated to be a consistent performer.
- Ability to use mature judgment in the performance of duties.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of patient scheduling systems.
High school diploma or equivalent. Must have at least two (2) years of customer service experience in a medical setting.
Typical Physical Demands:
Involves contact with staff and sitting in front of a computer for a long period of time.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is performed in an office environment.