GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
Reports directly to Chief Financial Officer. Enrolls and assists self-pay eligible patients to enroll into Medicaid Peach Care for Kids, F22 Children, Age, Blind and Disabled (ABD), Low Income Medicaid (LIM), CHIP, Presumptive and Emergency Medicaid, Traditional Medicare and Medicare Advantage as well as Market Place. Coordinates Third party enrollment applications with front-desk staff from all locations and departments.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF POSITION DUTIES:
- Develops and maintains third party enrollment policies.
- Identifies Medicaid eligible patients from the EHR system and assists them completing the enrollment applications
- Acts as liaison for hospitals affiliated with SMC to enroll all third party type eligible patients.
- Maintains a monthly log of potential Medicaid enrollees as well as other Third Party enrollment by location and department.
- Maintains a monthly log of new Medicaid enrollees by Medicaid type by location and by department.
- Maintains a monthly log of new non-Medicaid enrollees by Insurance type by location and by department.
- Coordinates with the Department of Community Health Enrollment Department potential Medicaid enrollees’ applications.
- Physically visits each location at least once a month.
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational skills; has ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Must carry out all functions in accordance with pre-established procedures and meet deadlines established for the department
- Good attention to details and work independently.
BS in Business preferred. Three years of experience successfully enrolling patients in the different Medicaid and other third party programs. Must speak English and Spanish. Any other languages a plus.
Click Here to Apply