JOB TITLE: LEAD CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Responsible to the LPN, RN, and Director of Nursing. Performs a variety of tasks as an entry level worker on the health care team. Introduces the client and/or client’s family into the health care system. Is the liaison between the client, client’s family, and health care providers.
In addition to the detailed job description of Certified Medical Assistant the Lead Certified Medical Assistant will perform additional duties as listed.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
- Trains all CMA’s
- Orders office supplies
- Leads the morning huddles
- Maintain all logs (VFC, Hospital/ER, Blood Glucose Monitoring, Influenza, Urinalysis, Rapid Strep, Emergency Response, Sterilization Sheet, Spore Testing)
- Scanning documents into Charts
- Receiving and returning all faxes
- Responsible for all medication inventory and floor stock
- Taking all nurse calls
- Following up Lab results
- Mailing letters
- Calling patients for missed appointments
- Initiates Pre-visit planning
Employed 12 months at Southside Medical center. High School education or equivalent, accredited Medical Assistant Course and/or 1-2 years of experience in a health care setting and certified by American Association of Medical Assistants. Must maintain certification by either re-examination or continuing education credit (CEU). CEU are obtained by attending AAMA approved programs.