Will report to the Chief Executive Officer. The Nonprofit Fundraising Professional will implement and deliver ongoing fundraising programs and organize, promote and host events and activities for Southside Medical Center. This will include working with and coordinating volunteers, sponsors, donors and vendors with emphasis on increased revenue. Will also lead, develop, implement, and manage short and long-term giving goals and strategies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a fundraising campaign; create new methods to raise funds for the organization.
- Responsible for the direct implementation and development of events, activities and programs which aid in fundraising and awareness of SMC (ex. silent auctions, dances, golf events, walks, etc.).
- Design or produce materials such as posters, websites, etc. to promote, market or advertise fundraising events.
- Create and follow a plan and guidelines for all assigned events and activities that maximize participation and contributions and minimize costs.
- Establish and maintain contacts with the community, government officials, corporate representatives, and individual supporters to ensure that a cohesive plan is implemented in the best interest of the organization.
- Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
- Expected to meet fundraising targets; surpassing them is preferred.
- Utilize social media and other online platforms, including other means to spread awareness and raise funds.
- Attend community events, meetings, or conferences to promote organizational goals or solicit donations or sponsorships.
- Develop and maintain a media contact list and records of donor information for future use.
- Write reports and prepare presentations to communicate fundraising program data.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exemplary communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Strong relationship building capabilities.
- Ability to manage budgets and exceed fundraising targets.
- Effectively represent Southside Medical Center, Inc. mission and purpose.
- Self-starter with the ability to make appropriate decisions independently and in concert with the organization’s Chief Executive Officer’s objectives and strategies.
- Must have strong attention to detail and excellent organizational abilities.
- Must be outgoing and possess strong leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge in media, marketing and customer service.
- Must be able to travel through the expanded Atlanta metropolitan statistical area.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations or Business. Minimum three (3) years of fundraising experience with a demonstrated track record.