GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF POSITION DUTIES:
- Maintain up-to-date policies and procedures on 340B purchasing processes
- Provide proactive education to staff on policies and procedures related to inventory management and 340B procedures
- Monitor and audit stat Medicaid claims to ensure compliance to prevent potential duplicate rebates
- Evaluate patient eligibility for qualified and non-qualified patients in mixed-unit areas and clinics by reviewing patient medical records and insurance plans
- Construct appropriate financial metrics to assess areas of improvement
- Prepare monthly 340B report packages detailing purchasing, replacement practices and dispensing patters
- Perform monthly audits on a scheduled basis, which may involve presenting and resolving reconciliation issues as they arise during the monitoring and reconciliation process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of 340B and procedures.
- Ability to communicate well with others.
- Working knowledge of accounting system.
- Must carry out all functions in accordance with pre-established procedures and meet deadlines established for the Department.
- Ability to create new procedures for efficiency.
At least five years of solid related work experience. Apexus 340b University course work and Apexus Certification. Bilingual a plus.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires sitting for long periods of time. Working in an office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Working under stress and use of telephone required. Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work.