JOB TITLE: RECEPTIONIST/CASHIER/INTAKE
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Reports directly to the Patient Financial Services Coordinator for assignments. Receives patients into the health care delivery team, ascertains their needs. Evaluates and updates registrants as required. Receives cash payments for services and coordinates receipts with change documents. Performs duties in a prompt, courteous and confidential manner.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF POSITION DUTIES:
- Interviews patient and/or family to determine eligibility for center services.
- Supports and adheres to the center policy and procedures and protocol for front office staff.
- Able to make appointments for patients and make referrals to other units of services, i.e. DFACS, Social Services, Dental, etc.
- Initiates registration forms, assigns number and checks all form for completeness and accuracy.
- Verifies insurance with proper source.
- Assists in daily collection and completion of encounter data and forward to the business office.
- Re-evaluates patients as needed and in accordance with Center’s policy.
- Answers telephone and refers calls appropriately, refers complaints to the nurse manager.
- Receives and prepares daily cash receipt.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Promotes a harmonious working relationship and favorable attitudes among staff.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively and relates to the public in a pleasing manner.
- Knowledge of data entry skills.
- Must be articulate and personable.
- Must possess excellent interviewer skills.
- Ability to use mature judgment in the performance of duties.
- Knowledge of billing procedures.
High School graduate. Adaptable, pleasant personality. Clerical knowledge must be cooperative and sensitive to the needs of the patient. Must be bondable.