Reports to the Security Supervisor. Accountable for security of Southside Medical Center, Inc. buildings and grounds and for the smooth flow of traffic in area designated as patient/employee parking. Schedules and makes routine patrols of premises. Performs other related duties as needed.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Monitors Southside Medical Center, Inc.’s buildings and grounds for security purposes.
- Protects Southside Medical Center assets and employees against certain hazards. Quickly notifies officials and staff of a security related problem.
- Makes routine patrols of premises, and walk through each clinic area at alternate hours.
- Assists Southside Medical Center, Inc. employees with security problems while entering and exiting Southside Medical Center grounds.
- Assists Southside Medical Center, Inc. employees with parking problems while entering and exiting Southside Medical Center grounds..
- Notifies proper authority if and when severe accidents and/or security problems arise. Contacts police when required/necessary.
- Obtains timely report(s) of any accident and/or security incidents and reports appropriately in timely manner.
- Prepares and submits daily reports and/or irregularity reports.
- Responds to security alarms according to established procedures.
- Has the authority to inspect personal packages and suspicious items carried by employees/visitors.
- Responsible for the replacement of Southside equipment and property, i.e. radio
- Takes thorough messages when necessary.
- Prompt, neat and clean.
- Follows established policies and procedures.
- Maintains No smoking policies in restricted areas for staff as well as visitors.
- Ensures all doors are functioning and locked appropriately.
Knowledge, Skills & Responsibilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with patients and staff.
- Knowledgeable of the total operation and services provided by Southside Medical Center, Inc.
- Familiar with all exits/entrances, alarm system, etc.
- Ability to follow directions.
High School diploma or equivalent preferred; applicant must be at least 25 years of age, possess the qualities of honesty, dependability and maturity. Must be able to prepare daily reports as well as possess the capabilities to communicate with Southside Medical Center, Inc.’s patients and staff. Experience as a security officer preferred. Bilingual a plus.
Typical Physical Demands:
Prolong walking or standing, keeping irregular hours. Requires exposure to communicable diseases. Some lifting and caring or materials.
Typical Working Conditions:
Indoor/outdoor work area environment. Occasional evening or weekend work. Works in conditions of heat, cold, wetness, dust, rain, snow.