This position reports to the Accounting Manager and it is responsible for preparing monthly reports to monitor and book different transactions as they relate to the overall functions of the Finance Department. Responsible for carrying out all functions in accordance with established departmental procedures and strict deadlines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepares assigned bank reconciliations.
- Prepares reports for general ledger booking.
- Prepares monthly grant requests.
- Assists management in forecasting by providing historical information and performing data analysis.
- Codes Invoices for AP daily
- Process invoices daily and weekly checks.
- Maintains vendor ledgers.
- Reconciles Purchase Orders to payments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of current accounting procedures and methods.
- Proficient on spreadsheet applications.
- Highly organized, good attention to detail and works independently
- College degree in accounting preferred with a minimum of five years of diversified accounting experience.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and SAGE MAS 100 preferred.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires sitting for long periods of time. Working in an office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Working under stress and use of telephone required. Manual dexterity for use of calculator and computer keyboard.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal office environment. Occasional evening and/or weekend work.